Stone Tone Sealer II (Gloss or Flat)
Kemiko Stone Tone Sealer II is a high solids (30%) water base acrylic urethane sealer with excellent wear qualities. It is designed for interior and exterior use and is non-yellowing and resistant to blush. Stone Tone Sealer II provides a natural looking satin finish to surfaces requiring a durable clear coating. It is suggested two thin coats be applied instead of one thick coat. The surface dries within 2 – 3 hours, however, heavy traffic should be avoided for 24 hours and washing avoided for 48 hours. Sealers are best applied with conventional commercial air spray or airless spray equipment, utilizing gun tip size between .013″-.015″; however, professional pump-up sprayers, rollers, lambs wool pads and micro-fiber pads are optional application methods for trained professionals.
Kemiko Stone Tone Sealer II is applied to properly prepared concrete, and utilized as a resilient protective finish coat over Kemiko Stone Tone Stains and Rembrandt Polymer Stains. Typical applications include commercial and residential cement floors, hospitals, showroom floors, schools, shopping malls, and many other interior floor surfaces requiring additional protection. Excellent replacement product for high VOC lacquers, acrylics, and varnishes, which cures fast to a hard resilient film with excellent flow properties. Can be used exterior for certain applications.
All visible oil, grease, sludge, and any other contaminants shall be removed prior to any abrasive surface preparation, acid etching and water washing. Surface shall be cured, dry and free from alkali stain and laitance. Blas-Trac is preferred for long term adhesion and non-slip surface. 2 coats are recommended.
Wash off any chalk, remove all visible grease, oil, dirt, or any other deleterious matter. Spot prime surfaces prior to full application coat. Warning! If you scrape, sand, or remove old paint, you may release lead dust. LEAD IS TOXIC. EXPOSURE TO LEAD DUST CAN CAUSE SERIOUS ILLNESS. Wear a NIOSH approved respirator to control lead exposure. Clean up carefully with a HEPA vacuum and a wet mop. 2 coats are recommended.
Use mild soap such as AFM Safechoice Super Clean and tap water for cleanup.
- 2 coats are recommended.
- Brush —Use top quality bristle brush for best film properties.
- Roller — Lambswool or similar cover with phenolic core, 1⁄4 inch nap thickness.
- Spray — Commercial conventional air spray or airless spray equipment utilizing spray gun tip size between .013”- .015”. Adjust pressure for proper atomization.
- Environment — Apply between 50F – 100F and 5F above dew point.
- Safety — Surfaces subjected to water may become slippery if coated with Kemiko Stone Tone Sealer II. If you must seal these surfaces, keep the sealer film build-up to a minimum. In severe cases, a nonslip material such as fine glass beads, washed silica sand and other aggregates may be broadcast between coating applications.
- NOTE: the coating is not recommended for hot tire pick up.