Acrylacq is a clear, hard and durable high gloss, water-based replacement for high solvent content lacquer with superior resistance to stains, marring and fingerprint marks.
Unfinished (or properly prepared and sanded previously finished) wooden surfaces such as wood cabinetry and doors, paneling, furniture, and wood railings, as well as some vinyl and other plastic surfaces (always test for compatibility with surface).
ADVANTAGES / SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS:
- High solids, more film build, better flow, higher luster. Comparable to conventional lacquers in performance without the toxicity.
- Acrylacq can be safely used by and for the chemically sensitive.
- Fights indoor air pollution, seals in offgassing
- Very low VOC content, meets or exceeds all federal and state air quality regulations, including California.
- Contains no formaldehyde.
One gallon of Safecoat Acrylacq covers approximately 350 square feet in one coat depending on method of application and surface porosity.
Clean tools and equipment while still wet with a solution of SafeChoice Super Clean and warm water.
Under normal conditions, Safecoat® Acrylacq dries to touch in one hour, is sandable after 2 – 4 hours, and re-coatable after 4 – 8 hours. The product will continue to cure and become harder over time. Normal conditions include a dry surface, access to fresh airflow, moderate humidity, and temperatures around 70°F. Thick application, high humidity or conditions other than normal will cause Safecoat Acrylacq to dry and cure more slowly.
Available in Gloss – Satin – Matte
- From shiniest to dullest finish.
- To achieve satin or matte finish, two initial coats of gloss followed by a single, final coat of satin or matte. This is to prevent hazing.
- Light sanding between coats is recommended.