How is color matching done? How do I send in a custom match?Please click here for information on the color matching process and how to send in a custom match.
Your packaging doesn’t seem green, what gives?Much thought and consideration has gone selecting the proper methods, and we’d be happy to explain why we use the materials we do.
- We use PELASPAN-PAC® RECYCLED because it's the best combination of weight, cushioning and eco-attributes.
- 100% recycled polystyrene
- Either green in color or pink if it is US MILSPEC Anti-Static
- Meets Green Cross certification for post- and pre-consumer waste content
- Cornstarch peanuts will dissolve with water, therefore, shipping companies will not pay a claim for damage if the carton gets wet during transit and the product inside get damaged due to the lack of packaging. These have proven to be completely useless. They can also ruin labeling, which is extremely unsightly and frustrating for consumers.
- Shredded cardboard will add 1-4# per each package, thus increasing shipping cost as well as overall carbon footprint. Much more material is used and it is not easily recycled.
- Crumpled newspaper is not accepted by UPS or FedEx. Completely ineffective.
- Foam-in-place materials add 100% to the packaging costs and are not eco-friendly in any way.
- Styrofoam of any kind is not amenable to our company goals
- Packaging air bags do not handle the weight shift of paints cans and will cut open too easily.
What is your return policy?
PLEASE INSPECT GOODS UPON DELIVERY!Any damaged or missing items should be reported to us as soon as possible. By phone: 1-800-292-4838 or email us at email@example.com.
- A return must be approved prior to returning the product in order to receive credit (terms of credit are specified below). For some products sales are final, for example, tinted paint or special order items, flooring, custom rugs, carpeting etc... for which no returns are allowed. Please contact us prior to purchase for information if you have concerns regarding your order. LIQUID SAMPLES ARE NON-RETURNABLE.
FOR PRE-APPROVED RETURN ITEMS:The item must be in original condition, unopened and returned within 30 days of receipt. Material returned after 30 days will be assessed a 25% restock fee provided it is in resaleable condition, excluding special order items. Special order items included anything we do not stock, for example flooring, tile, wall coverings etc... Please inquire if you are concerned.
- Due to the nature of serving the chemically sensitive, we will NOT accept returns of paints/sealers/coatings/stains after 30 days. Credit will not be issued for shipping costs. Returned merchandise will be credited on an in-store account or reissued to the original payment method.
PLEASE CONTACT USif you have any questions about our return/cancellation policy feel free to contact us via email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone (800) 292-4838. Our hours are 9:00AM - 5:30pm CST. Mon.-Fri.
When will my order ship?
- Sample orders- Sample orders will ship USPS next business day.
- Regular orders- Most will ship same day if placed before 2pm CST, however we reserve a 1-3 business day processing time based on order volume. USPS Priority is not considered "express" or "expedited" and will not be treated as such. Holidays and COLD WEATHER (<32 degrees F) conditions can delay your order. Since many of our products are water-based, we cannot ship over weekends where they might freeze. We take these precautions to ensure your satisfaction. Please contact us if you're concern about your order's deliverability.
- Special orders- Depending on lead time, availability and shipping conditions, special order items may take several weeks. We'll maintain communication and give you updates on your orders timeline.
- Express orders- We have a 12pm CST cutoff for express shipments. If your order is placed after 12pm, it will ship express the next business day. Please be aware FedEx Express operates exclusively Monday-Friday.
What is the purpose of purchasing AFM samples?We recommend purchasing samples to assist in stain color selection, performing adhesion tests and to test for personal tolerances.
What can I do to make my home healthier?To create a healthy home, one must employ a variety of tactics to ensure all areas are covered. Installing an air purifier (such as Austin Air air purifiers, which have consistently been rated the best on the market by independent testers), using toxin-free paint and purchasing furniture that doesnt outgas are all good ideas. However, not one of them will do the trick by themselves. Our recommendation is to start with big offenders like floors and walls.Carpet, unless its from Nature's Carpet or Earth Weave, will be full of synthetic chemicals like formaldehyde and SBR that will outgas for 20 years or more. Vinyl and laminate wood flooring contain plastics that will outgas for many years.Traditional paint, even zero VOC paint, will outgas for 3-5 years AFTER it reaches a full cure. We supply AFM Safecoat Zero VOC interior and exterior paint; not only is it free of toxic ingredients, it will not outgas and can even seal up the outgassing from the previous coating!Beyond that, we recommend that you make your bedroom healthier. Check out our healthy bedroom blog post for suggestions!
How do I know if a product is healthy?One way to determine whether or not a product is considered healthy is to find out if individuals with chemical sensitivities have used it successfully. Information on what you can do. Relying on manufacturers literature and information can be very problematic, therefore we use the Degree of Green system to help us in our research.
Zero VOC vs Non Toxic Paint- What is the difference?Contrary to what most people think, a zero VOC paint may be environmentally friendly, but most likely is not healthy for humans. VOC’s are regulated for use in paints and coatings not because of their direct health effects on humans, but for their contribution to low-level smog. VOC’s can react with UV and nitrogen to create ozone, a major component of smog. Plus, zero VOC paints often contain acetone, ammonia, formaldehyde precursors, masking agents and many more chemicals which are not regulated as VOC’s and don’t necessarily have to be listed on a Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS).A healthy paint is one that is made with no or very low amounts of toxins and hazardous ingredients, and is free from out gassing. These paints could be low or zero VOC, but utilize ingredients that are known to be safer for humans.
What is Chemical Sensitivity?A vast spectrum of severity exists related to chemical sensitivities. Symptom ranges can be as mild as an allergic reaction to pollen, ragweed, such as a slight headache or bodily irritation, to acute flu-like symptoms, skin rashes, and even anaphylactic shock. A person’s body cannot process or filter out the chemical, and reactions can be caused by a specific chemical that one is sensitive to, or any other related chemical. Formaldehyde seems to be a major trigger chemical.Chemical sensitivity is not something one is born with. It is either developed over time due to low level exposure, or it happens quickly via a massive exposure. In either case, there is no known medically-acceptable cure. However, symptoms can be alleviated through the use of healthier building materials, safer cleaning methods, organic clothing and a chemical-free diet.For more information on Multiple Chemical Sensitivity click here.
Mon-Fri, 9-5 CST (800) 292 4838