Real Milk Paint Co’s Citrus Solvent is a biodegradable, naturally-occurring solvent, as the main component is simply citrus peel oil. has a pleasant citrus aroma, and FDA-GRAS rating (“generally recognized as safe”) have earned the product phenomenal acceptance in many diverse chemical applications. Citrus Solvent can be used in its pure form, or blended with most other solvents and drying oils.
Real Milk Paint Co’s Citrus Solvent is a paint thinner alternative, is used as a direct replacement for mineral spirits and odorless mineral spirits. Citrus Solvent can be used wherever paint thinner or mineral spirits are required as a natural, safer alternative.
- Does not contain any emulsions, surfactants, or any other additives that paint thinner products contain
- Does not contribute to depletion of the upper ozone or smog like mineral spirits or paint thinner
- The material released into the air by Real Milk Paint’s Citrus Solvent is essentially the same material that is continuously being released into the air in every orange grove and is gently returned to the earth with the rain.
- As clear as ordinary water as opposed to the deep orange of lower grades, which means that it will not add more amber color when mixed with Real Milk Paint’s Pure Tung Oil
- Unlike paint thinner, Citrus Solvent does not cause damage to the internal organs of the body when breathed in; instead, it passes through without effect.
- As a matter of fact, when you drink orange juice from the store, you drink small amounts of Citrus Solvent in the form of oils from the orange peel from which the juice was squeezed!
- Of course, this does not mean to throw caution to the wind and celebrate by taking a healthy swig of solvent.
- Can be easily disposed of with no threat to the environment.
How does Citrus Solvent differ from mineral spirits?
Citrus Solvent is orange peel oil. It is the natural clear liquid that is in the rind of the orange. Citrus Solvent is an organic substance, in contrast to Mineral spirits, which is created through a chemical process called “Oil Cracking”. Mineral spirits is a by-product from the manufacture of gasoline. Citrus Solvent on the other hand is a by-product of the orange juice industry from squeezing oranges. After the orange juice is squeezed the peels are then sent back to be further squeezed to extract the Citrus Solvent from the peels. The liquid is collect for other uses. Citrus Solvent does not cause any ozone depletion or contamination. Even if the orange peels were discarded the Citrus Solvent would be release to the air regardless.
How does Citrus Solvent work? Is it just like regular paint thinner?
Citrus Solvent will evaporate like paint thinner but just a little bit slower. However, the fumes are much safer.
What are the benefits of using Citrus Solvent as odorless mineral spirits?
Citrus Solvent is not odorless but does have an orange smell. Lower quality odorless mineral spirits may be more toxic than Citrus Solvent. Extended long term exposure to any and all solvents are not recommended.
Why did the man lose his job at the orange juice factory? He couldn’t concentrate!