AFM Polyureseal BP is the highest quality water-based clear finish available today. Its exceptional durability and abrasion resistance, coupled with high solids, very low odor, and very low VOC, make it the clear alternative to conventional solvent and water-based polyurethanes.
AFM Polyureseal BP can be used on unfinished (or properly prepared and sanded previously finished) wooden surfaces such as floors, furniture and cabinetry, and is excellent for gym floors and auditoriums.
ADVANTAGES / SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS:
- High solids, more film build, better flow, higher luster. Comparable to conventional urethanes in performance without the toxicity.
- Safely used by and for the chemically sensitive.
- Fights indoor air pollution, seals in the outgassing from the substrate.
- Very low VOC content, meets or exceeds all federal and state air quality regulations, including California.
- Polyureseal BP contains no formaldehyde.
Always have adequate ventilation. Intermix (boxing) all containers of the same sheen to ensure gloss uni- formity before applying. Before using, mix coating thoroughly by gently stirring or rolling container to avoid air bubbles. Be sure to stir product thoroughly every 20 minutes during appli- cation. Do not shake container. Pour material to be used into another container before applying coating to avoid contaminating main container. Then apply as is, using a quality nylon brush, pad applicator, or unheated spray applicator. Keep a good wet edge and avoid overbrushing. In most cases, a minimum of 3 coats is required, depending on the surface. When spraying, use a .015 tip or smaller. Apply thin even coats when spraying rather than heavy coats which will tend to sag. If spray pattern begins to dryspray, reduce air pressure and increase material flow to surface. Use a damp, dust free rag after sanding to remove dust particles. Use aluminum oxide or silicon carbide sandpaper to sand between coats. For best results, this product should not be reduced. Use only during low or moderate humidity conditions. Smoother finishes are achieved when surfaces are damp during application. Note: these instructions are intended to be general only and not exhaustive.
One gallon of Safecoat Polyureseal BP covers approximately 450 square feet in one coat depending on method of application and surface porosity.
Clean tools and equipment while they are still wet with a solution of SafeChoice Super Clean and warm water.
Available in Gloss – Matte
- From shiniest to dullest finish.
- To achieve satin finish, two initial coats of gloss followed by a single, final coat of satin. This is to prevent hazing.
- Light sanding between coats is recommended.
- Satin finish is being phased out and is currently only available in quarts for a limited remaining time.