Chemlink Buildsecure is a fast setting, non-burning structural adhesive designed for various “panel on frame” assemblies in commercial and residential construction. BuildSecure is specially designed for bonding most construction materials including wood studs, galvanized steel framing, aluminum framing, rafters, subfloors, drywall, gypsum, stone, fiberglass, FRP panels, expanded polystyrene (EPS), and polyurethane foam. Chemlink Buildsecure is a solvent free, non-flammable, moisture curing adhesive. It complies with all OSHA, State, Local and Federal air quality regulations.
Surface should be clean, dry and free from all contamination including: dirt, oils, grease, tar, wax, rust and any other substance that may inhibit the sealants performance. Do not use in areas subject to continuous immersion of water or chemicals. Allow treated wood to cure for six months prior to application.
Ensure surfaces are clean and free of dirt, oil and any contaminants. If required, isopropyl alcohol is an effective cleaner for surface preparation. Please contact customer service for application guidelines with temperatures below 32°F (0°C). Apply a minimum ¼” bead of BuildSecure to rafters, studs or substrate, making sure bonded materials are tightly joined or as specified by code. For best results, set materials and secure within 10 minutes of application. Chemlink Buildsecure sets rapidly upon exposure to moisture: tack free in 25-30 minutes, bonds in 4 hours
- Multi-purpose adheres to wood, concrete, sheetrock, masonry, metal, tile and more (except polyethylene, polypropylene, olefin and TPO–use our M-1 for that)
- Quick-setting cures in 30-35 minutes
- Extremely strong 500-600 psi shear strength, 550-650 psi tensile strength; replaces Liquid Nails
- Fills gaps does not shrink while forming bonds on uneven surfaces
- Non-toxic, low odor, and solvent free
- Safe even for the chemically sensitive
- Eco-friendly low VOC
- Non-flamable reduces fire hazard