Caliwel HVAC AntiMicrobial Coating
A revolutionary coating, durable, long-lasting, precision engineered for inside HVAC ducts and other areas of the HVAC system. For the first time, this product offers long term antimicrobial protection against odor causing bacteria, mold, fungi, algae on a coating’s surface of HVAC. Caliwel HVAC AntiMicrobial coating contains no pigments, no VOCs and is virtually odorless.
Caliwel HVAC with BNA (Bi-Neutralizing Agent) solves problems safely and effectively caused by odor-causing bacteria, mold, mildew, algae and fungi, which can cause deterioration and discoloration on surface coating films.
Caliwel HVAC AntiMicrobial utilizes lime (Calcium hydroxide, Ca(OH)2), as its active ingredient. Calcium hydroxide is an important component in pharmaceutical and dental products, supplements, as well as in the dairy, sugar and baking industries.
- Superior long lasting architectural paint guards against deterioration and discoloration on surface coating films caused by microorganisms.
- Inhibits odor-causing bacteria, mold, mildew, algae and fungi that can stain and discolor the surface coating by raising the PH so high, organisms cannot thrive.
- Caliwel utilizes calcium hydroxide (also called lime), a naturally occurring mineral.
- Caliwel is water-based and free of Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
Lime is an important chemical with numerous chemical, industrial, and environmental uses in the United States. Certain evidence of its use as a lime mortar has been found at a site in what is now eastern Turkey dating between 7,000 and 14,000 years ago. More definite evidence of its use in mortars in the Near East dates from 8,000 years ago. In Tibet, it was used to stabilize clays in the construction of the pyramids of Shersi 5,000 years ago. The ancient Egyptians used lime as an ingredient in mortar and plaster. The Chinese, Greek, Roman, and other ancient civilizations used lime for construction, agriculture and medicinal purposes.
In modern world lime is used in many applications:
- To control pathogens
- To control odors
- To treat drinking water
- To treat hazardous waste
Lime is a naturally highly alkaline mineral that has been used for centuries as a germ-fighting agent in hospitals, and in other commercial or domestic environments. Its antimicrobial effectiveness is caused by increasing the pH, or alkalinity, to a level that is fatal to microorganisms.
Normally, calcium hydroxide loses its effectiveness against microbes upon exposure to air. Caliwel HVAC with BNA patented micro-encapsulation process safely transforms and stabilizes the effective properties of calcium hydroxide and preserves its natural anti-microbial potency while resisting degradation long after it has been applied.
Easy to use, healthy for it’s occupants
- Apply to all indoor architectural hard surfaces for proactive clean living
- Eliminates existing mold and odor-causing bacteria. Prevents regrowth of mold & mildew
- Clean & beautiful finish
- No toxicity, emits zero VOCs, virtually odorless
- Highly effective against odor causing bacterial, mold, fungi and algae
- Eco-friendly, easily applied. No special equipment required
Award winning technology
San Antonio, April, 2005 – Frost & Sullivan’s 2005 Technology Innovation Award in the field of coatings and surface technologies goes to Alistagen Corporation in recognition of the company’s development of the innovative anti-microbial – prophylactic coating technology known as Caliwel with BNA.