This all-in-one underlayment is designed for moisture and vapor protection for all subfloors and floor types. The do-it-all, non-toxic sheet also achieves better overall noise reduction. Cali Complete All-in-One Underlayment thermal insulation makes floors warmer and more comfortable. Interlocking edges and a fan-fold design mean simple installations for homeowners and pros alike. And as an added plus for the planet, Cali Complete is 100% recyclable. Pair with Metallized Seaming Tape to ensure a full moisture barrier, even over concrete.
Installation Important Pre-Installation Notes
- All flooring manufacturer’s guidelines must be followed.
- Do not install product that is ripped or torn.
- Cali Complete is intended for floating floor installations only.
- Moisture test subfloor prior to installation. If subfloor moisture levels are higher than 12lbs/24hrs/1,000 sq ft or 12% moisture content, please install additional moisture protection.
Installing Cali Complete
- Begin by completely cleaning the surface. Use a broom or vacuum cleaner and make sure to remove existing adhesive and paint residue.
- Start by laying down the first length of underlay level to the wall, with the green side facing up.
- Place your flooring planks along the same direction as your underlay. Avoid placing undue stress on the underlay by putting a board under your knees/feet to disperse load.
- Run through the previous steps until you’ve covered the room. Individual planks can be connected using the easy click system. Floor Comfort Metalized Seal Tape
- For concrete subfloors, use Floor Comfort metalized seal tape to tightly tape interlocking tab seams together, further protecting against moisture penetration. Using the same metalized seal tape, tape off the wall socket area by using about 3cm taped to the wall with the remainder laid top flush to the underlay.
- For plywood subfloors, do not use Floor Comfort metalized seal tape.
Cali Complete All-in-One Underlayment Specifications
- Dimensions: 1.5mm thick x 3.85 ft wide x 26 ft long / 100 sq ft
- Vapor Transmission Rate: 0.00 lbs / 24 h / 1,000 sq ft or 12% MC
- Moisture: 12lbs/24h/1000sf or 12% MC
- Impact Sound Insulation: Bamboo/Hardwood IIC 67/STC 63 Eucalyptus IIC 65/STC 62 Cork IIC 68/STC 62 Vinyl IIC 72/STC 66/Delta 22 Thermal
- Insulation: R-Value 6.6/inch Smoothing: 1.0mm
- Compression Strength: ≥ 500kPa / ≥ 65 PSI
- Safety: Odorless, non-toxic, 100% recyclable