Cali Floors Meritage Hardwood
This premier Cali Floors Meritage collection sources high end European white oak from France’s Ardennes Forest, and infuses it with an eco-minded California character. This timber boasts a provocative grain and is stained to perfection to draw out a range of visual intricacies. Meritage veneers are 4mm thick and Euro sawn to accentuate an array of colors and textures.
Meritage hardwood floors feature a top beauty layer of European oak over a sustainable foundation of layered acacia.Using a fast-growing timber for the core allows planks to be larger, more dimensionally stable, and get 4x as much flooring from each tree.
Why Cali Floors Meritage Hardwood?
- The Meritage Collection infuses the Old World beauty of European oak with California character, for stunning engineered hardwood planks that transform your space
- A top layer of premium white oak brings rustic character to every room with striking wood grains complete with natural knots and mineral streaks
- Planks are protected by a safe-for-the-home aluminum oxide finish which highlights the wood’s visual personality and helps to prevent scratches
- Green to the Core planks are supported by a sustainable acacia foundation, boosting dimensional stability while getting 4x as much flooring from each tree
- CD Exposure 1 plywood (grade stamped US PS1-95)
- OSB Exposure 1subfloor panels (grade stamped US PS1-95)
- Underlayment grade particleboard
- Concrete slab
- Existing wood or laminate floor
- Ceramic tile
- Resilient tile @ sheet vinyl
Wood subfloors must be securely fastened. A best practice is to nail or screw every 6” along joists to avoid squeaking. If leveling is needed, sand down high spots and fill in low spots with a Portland based leveling compound.
Concrete subfloors must be fully cured and at least 60 days old, preferably 90 days old. If leveling is needed, grind down high spots and level low spots with a Portland based leveling compound.