Kahrs Combo Underlayment is your easy to install flooring go to for sound deadening and moisture protection. Kahrs Combo Underlayment is a two-ply polyethylene film with flexible polystyrene granules sandwiched between to provide a dual moisture barrier with a thickness of 3 mm, with an excellent sound rating. Like other quality underlayments, Kahrs can help smoothen out any leveling imperfections of a concrete or wood subfloor. Their new “peel and stick” adhesive strip along the edge of the roll makes installation easy! Kährs new material meets or exceeds all known standards for moisture protection, impact strength, resistance to UV radiation and durability.
Kahr’s Combo Underlayment can be used under any flooring including floating bamboo, engineered hardwood, or heat radiant flooring systems. Kährs Combo Underlayment is completely odorless and does not off gas.
Kahrs Combo Underlayment Specifications
- 1/8 inch thickness.
- 40 inches wide x 30 feet long to cover 100 square feet.
- Combo underlayer R-Value = 0.39 R
- Sound Rating for Combo Underlayment System – STC = 67; IIC = 68
- Kahrs Combo System Underlayment Specification
- Kährs Lifetime Guarantee eligible.
- Kahrs Underlayment Brochure
- Refer to the installation instructions included with each roll of Kährs Combo Underlayment.
- Prepare the sub floor in accordance with the requirements specified by the guide.
- Cover the entire floor area and run the underlayment up the perimeter walls approximaetly 2 inches, this provides a secure enclosure for the flooring
- Start the first row with the edge of the underlay with the overlap flap adjacent to the wall. Flip the overlap flap back and trim off. This material is later used to properly seal adjoining rolls of underlay and to repair cut or tears that may occur during installation. Lay the next row of underlay with the edge of the underlay with the overlap flap adjacent to the first row.
- Flip the overlap flap back and remove the ‘peel and stick’ adhesive strip, now lay the overlap flap over the first row of underlay and press the adhesive strip in place.
- Continue in this manner until the entire floor is covered.
- After the floor is installed and before the installation of the base boards, the excess underlayment should be trimmed to the height of the floor surface using a fine trimming blade.