The world’s natural colors, at your fingertips. American Clay brings a vast color selection for your project to help you guide your vision. With standard and blended color options, there are many options available.
American Clay pigments are placed in individual packs that are pre-measured to be added to one 50 lb. bag of plaster (Loma, Lomalina, Porcelina or Marittimo) or one 63 lb. bag of Enjarre plaster. Individual color packs will vary in weight depending on how much pigment is used to create that specific color.
Note: If using color packs with Enjarre plaster packaged in 80 lb. bags, a ratio of 1 1/4 color pigment packs to one 80 lb. bag of Enjarre is needed. The 1 1/4 color pigment ratio will closely match standard Loma colors. Standard color pigment packs may be used if measured properly, however, exact measurements can be difficult without proper equipment.
Marittimo is a name created with the sea (or “mar”) at its core. Marittimo uses recycled, crushed shells from the U.S. Gulf Coast. This finish lends itself to a smooth waxy feel or a textured sand finish depending on your choice of application.
- Marittimo is used as a second coat only.
- Approximately 160 square feet per 50 lb. bag (per coat).
Enjarre (n-har-ray) is American Clay’s only single-coat product. This application eliminates some of the labor and cost typically involved in finishing a wall. It can be applied to achieve a range of finishes, from semi-smooth to rustic or textured.
- Enjarre can also be used as a basecoat for our other finishes.
- Approximately 100 square feet per 63 lb. bag (per coat).
- Easy to repair
- Easy clean up
- Eliminates the need to repaint year after year
- Resists dirt and grime
- Ships dry
- Lowest carbon footprint per pound of any interior wall finish
- Creates a calming environment
- Minimal application training required