Safecoat New Wallboard Primecoat HPV is a premium quality, fast curing, flat finish primer specially formulated to provide a superior prime coat over interior surfaces such as new gypsum wallboard and textured sheetrock. It equalizes the absorption rate of topcoat paints over a variety of surfaces with different porosities, and helps to eliminate decorating problems over textured sheetrock and tape joints on wallboard.
New drywall, drywall compound and unpainted drywall texture.
ADVANTAGES / SIGNIFICANT BENEFITS:
- Solves finishing problems such as “telegraphing” or “joint banding” by equalizing porosity and texture, filling voids left by today’s building materials, so that top coats cover more evenly.
- Applies economically and easily, dries fast for quick re-coat under most circumstances.
- Low odor, non-offensive to installer and occupant.
- Minimal outgassing, fights indoor air pollution by sealing in the outgassing from the substrate.
- Very low VOC content, meets or exceeds all federal and state air quality regulations, including California.
- Contains no formaldehyde.
One gallon of Safecoat New Wallboard Primecoat HPV covers approximately 300 – 400 square feet in one coat, depending on method of application and surface texture and porosity. One full coat is generally sufficient for most jobs. Product may be tinted for best results under deep accent or transparent colors. See dealer for instructions.
Clean tools and equipment while still wet with a solution of SafeChoice Super Clean and warm water.