Blue Bear Soy Gel (formerly known as Franmar Soy Gel) is a specially formulated product designed to remove paints, acrylics, epoxies and enamels without the back-breaking work of sanding and chiseling. Blue Bear SoyGel is made with 100% American-grown soybeans and is safe for indoor use due to its non-evaporative properties. There is virtually no odor.
Franmar’s most-asked-for product, 600GL, continues to impress contractors with it’s ease of use and powerful removal properties. With three times the coverage rate of traditional petroleum removers, 600GL effectively removes multiple layers of topical sealers, acrylics, enamels, urethanes, latex, some epoxies, other single-component coatings, and lead based paint*. Made with soybeans, 600GL is a safe, low-odor, non-caustic, green coating remover.
As a leading innovator in green cleaning products, Franmar Chemical, Inc. introduced 600GL as a soy based paint remover and changed the industry. 600GL is 100% biodegradable, practically odorless, and is safe for your hands, your work, and your family.
- SAFE! No Methylene Chloride
- Removes Multiple Layers with ONE Application
- Made with 100% American Grown Soybeans
* Ideal for lead-based paint removal. The lead becomes encapsulated in the gel, preventing airborne particles and allowing for safe removal. Dispose of in accordance with all existing local, state, and federal ordinances.
Apply a thick layer of 600GL by pouring, brushing, squeegee, or commercial airless sprayer. Applying too thin will cause 600GL to dry out before removal is complete. Use a scraper to check if the coating is softened down to the surface. If not, wait longer and recheck. When the coating is completely softened, remove with a scraper.
Use BLUE BEAR 700DG Degreaser or water and a scrub brush, mop, or power washer to clean remaining thin residue. Remove excess coating(s) and 600GL before using a power washer for final cleaning. Allow surface to dry before further preparations.
Usage Tips From The Pros:
- For large application areas, use a professional airless sprayer or a 4-stage HVLP sprayer.
- For tough coating or numerous layers, use a notched 1/2″ squeegee or 1/4″ gauge rake. Square footage will be greatly reduced.
- When used outdoors, cover with a 2mil or thicker plastic to help keep 600GL wet and working.
Coverage per square foot varies depending on the type and age of coatings, number of layers, and method of application.
- Horizontal: Average coverage is 125 sq. ft. per gallon (max 200 sq. ft. per gallon)
- Vertical: Average coverage is 75 sq. ft. per gallon