For any project to make your modern interior go tropical! Easy to install, Kirei Coco Tiles are great sustainable design elements for wall covering, furniture and interior design feature elements.
Kirei Coco Tiles are manufactured from reclaimed coconut shells and low or zero VOC adhesives and finishes. With two new collections and twelve different styles to choose from, and are what’s next for original decorative ideas in residential, commercial, and hospitality settings.
Kirei Coco Tiles reduce landfill waste and indoor air pollution. The reclaimed shells used are a rapidly renewing resource left after the edible portion of the coconut is harvested, and only low or zero VOC adhesives and finishes are used. Until now, these shells have been discarded or burned, adding to landfill water and air pollution. Utilizing these shells as building material also sequesters carbon that would otherwise be released.
- Acclimate- Kirei Coco Tiles are natural materials and as such must be acclimated to local temperature and climate conditions prior to installation. Open the boxes and allow air to circulate for 48 hours prior to installation. Store the open boxes horizontally.
- Prepare- Clean the application surface to create a smooth surface for installation if necessary primer and/or sand the surface per adhesive manufacturer guidelines. Be sure to remove sanding residue.
- Measure- Measure and mark guide lines for installation area, with a vertical line marking the center and edges of the installation area and horizontal lines to mark the edges and serve as guides for tile installation.
- Adhesive- Apply construction adhesive, we recommend AFM’s zero VOC Almighty Adhesive, to the back of individual tiles in an even grid pattern out to edges to ensure even distribution for tile installation.
- Install- Apply prepared tile to surface, starting at bottom of area to be covered, aligning tiles with guide lines, applying equal pressure to tile surface to facilitate bond. If tiles will be grouted, leave an appropriate gap for grout between tiles. Otherwise leave a gap of 1-2mm between tiles to allow for natural expansion/contraction. Press tile to wall surface with even pressure for 5-10 seconds as specified by adhesive instructions. Maintain pressure on the tiles until adhesive has fully set.